245 Carol Canyon Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
Status: Pending – Take Backup
3 beds | 4 baths | 2807 sqft
Private, green and silent single-level retreat on .52 acre lot in the heart of Sedona. Located on a quiet street and close to several hiking trails and the National Forest, this pristine, warm and contemporary home with a flowing versatile floor plan can accommodate numerous life styles. A wall of glass opens the high-ceilinged living room to views of Thunder Mountain, Chimney Rock and Coffeepot Rock. In addition to the 3 bedrooms – 2 of which are master bedrooms – there is a family room, currently used as a gym, an office and a library.
Every room opens to the outside and the home invites and accommodates the Sedona indoor/outdoor life style.
The second master bedroom opens to an approx. 200 sf. Trexx deck above the back yard, giving the room a tree house feel.
The possibilities are endless: create meals for yourself and friends in the chef designed kitchen with Bosch appliances and Brazilian granite counter tops; enjoy the beautiful private garden with a variety of fruit and ornamental trees and mature, easy to take care of landscaping; sit in the shade of the covered walk way, listening to the sound of water from the fountain; curl up in front of one of the two fire places or hike and bike from the property. Perfect set up for a home office or rental – no HOA!
This delightfully private home is nontheless very close to shops, restaurants and all amenities of town.
There are obvious places for a pool and hot tub and wiring is already provided. Lots of storage and a potential wine cellar.
The original home was built in 1958, gutted in 2007 and addition, deck and oversized garage were added in the same year. Additional upgrades were done in 2014. The county assessor’s appraiser took all work into account and concluded an effective age of 1998. This information will be reflected in 2020 Notice of Value.
Renovation Summary – Total value over $ 497,503
1. Structure: Existing house gutted and extensively renovated in 2007
Addition of 1,007 Sq. Ft. plus oversized 2 car garage and additional storage also in 2007
2. Exterior: Stucco and painted exterior and added energy efficient windows & doors and solar panel for hot water heater.”Tongue and Grove” wood roof over hangs with circular pillars in covered patio and walk-ways. Flagstone walk-ways and patios and large Trexx deck with gas line for grill. Garden shed. 220 volt outlets for pool and hot tub and circular pond with own electrical and water source. Extensive landscaping for beauty & privacy.
3. Interior Renovation Highlights:
* Home gutted including insulation, wiring, duct work, plumbing and floors
* Created living, dining, hobby/den, bathrooms, powder, laundry room and fitness room along with an entrance and 2 car garage/work area and storage room
* New electrical master circuit panel
* Ability to convert storage room into large wine cellar
* Solar hot water panel, tank and pump
* Water softener & Reverse Osmosis water purifier in kitchen sink
* 2 On-demand energy efficient hot water heaters
* Energy efficient/weather resistant wood framed windows and French doors
* 2 gas fire places with remote controls
* 2 central air conditioners and heaters with energy efficient timer thermostats, 3-zone heating & cooling * State-of-the-art Cox wiring for high speed internet access, HDV, Floors, all new: wood, tile, stone
* Natural insulation throughout the entire house
* Natural paint throughout and Faux painting in entrance area
* Well lit with numerous skylights and vaulted ceilings
* Night blinds and regular blinds
* New central smoke alarm system wired to main circuit panel
* Fitted his and her separate walk-in closets in one of the Master Bedrooms * Utility room for hot water tank with overflow safety pump
* Brazilian Utopia granite kitchen counter tops * Durango Zacatecas travertine master bathroom shower, floor, counter tops
* Deep bath tub wrapped in Durango Zacatecas mosaic
* Italian Tivoli stone plaster living room fireplace with “Antigua” travertine banco
* Veracruz cream travertine in the bathroom attached to Fitness room
* Kitchen with plentiful wall wood cabinets/pantries and breakfast notch with dining room and access to outdoor covered flagstone eating area
* Luxury Grohe European designed stainless steel fixtures
* Wooden fenced property surrounded by culvert stone water ways to run into property’s water table
4. Appliances – Top End:
* Bosch washer and dryer
* Bosch stainless steel wall oven and gas burner stove top
* Bosh dishwasher
* Kenmore stainless steel French door refrigerator with bottom drawer freezer & purified water ice cube maker
Listing Office: Russ Lyon Sotheby’s Intl Rlty
Last Updated: September – 14 – 2018
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Monday 24th of September 2018 05:28 AM